The Sari is one of the most beautiful and versatile garments ever invented. The pages of this book, filled with dazzling photographs and line drawings of hundreds of sari types, reflect this immense diversity, and show how each garment is in itself a brilliantly crafted work of art.
• A comprehensive guide to the sari's symbols, patterns and motifs
• Hundreds of photographs of many unusual saris
• Diagrams of over forty sari types
• A uniquely useful reference section that includes translations of over 400 Indian words and concepts
• Glossary of textile terms
• Information on museum collections
• Bibiliography, detailed chronology and a table of sari measurements