In the Golden Age of piracy, privateers and buccaneers are at large on the seven seas, tyrannizing the ships of enemy nations and squandering the spoils in safe havens along the Spanish Main – provided they avoid the hangman, that is.
This book will tell you everything you need to know to join the ranks of a swashbuckling crew, survive aboard ship, and perhaps one day don the captain’s tricorn! Will you set your sights on the treasure fleets that carry gold, silk and spices from the colonies to the Crown? Or will you target harbour towns, cannons and cutlasses at the ready as you prepare to fight?
• WHAT scurvy is, and how to avoid it
• WHICH flags to fly when you spot a ship on the horizon
• WHERE to drop anchor and sell your ill-gotten booty
• HOW to outsmart the bounty-hunters and excisemen on your tail
• WHY burying your treasure might not be the most sturdy retirement plan…
'Interesting, energetic and easy to read … a good book for sea dogs and landlubbers alike'
All About History