What was it like to be the Pharaoh of Egypt?
In this authoritative and entertaining account, eight themed chapters cover all aspects of the life of a pharaoh, from mornings in the palace to evenings banqueting, revealing the king's role as husband, lawmaker, judge, priest, builder and warrior, and answer the following questions:
- How did someone become pharaoh?
- What did a pharaoh do each day?
- Did the pharaoh personally lead his army into battle?
- How influential was the Great Royal Wife?
- How was a pharaoh embalmed and buried?
- Who was the last pharaoh?
'A superb introduction not just to the lives of the pharaohs but to much of Egyptian history during their rule'
'A great introduction to the history of dynastic Egypt'