In this authoritative and entertaining account, eight themed chapters cover all aspects of the life of a pharaoh, from mornings in the palace to evenings banqueting, revealing the king's role as husband, lawmaker, judge, priest, builder and warrior, and answer the following questions:
- How did someone become pharaoh?
- What did a pharaoh do each day?
- Did the pharaoh personally lead his army into battle?
- How influential was the Great Royal Wife?
- How was a pharaoh embalmed and buried?
- Who was the last pharaoh?