We are looking for an experienced, self-motivated Pre-Press Controller to manage their part of the list for pre-press and art-working and archiving of T&H books, as well as printed products for the Museum, Children’s, College, and World of Art Series. Main duties will include:
- Liaising with the Production and Editorial, Foreign Rights and Sales and Marketing departments with successful delivery of materials on the Museum, Children’s, College, World of Art Series, and our e-pub programmes.
- Working with freelance and in-house designers to ensure layout files reach production and Foreign Rights in good order and print ready.
- Liaising with design and editorial to ensure final text PDFs reach production in good order and on time.
- Creating and supplying associated departments with archive material, visuals and bookfair dummies.
- Maintaining and updating the digital T&H archive for all Museum, Children’s, College, World of Art Series.
This is an ideal role for someone with experience of the publishing industry and the departments within, and who has expertise in current print production processes for co-edition publishing. You will have superb hands-on knowledge of Adobe creative suite, Excel and Microsoft Teams, excellent communication skills, and the ability to multitask and work to tight deadlines. Typographic skills and knowledge of e-publishing would be desirable, but for the right candidate training can be offered. We are looking of a team player, who is conscientious and calm under pressure, and who has an interest in the visual arts, history, architecture, and other topics of our publishing programme.
To apply, please send your cv and covering letter, stating your salary expectations and notice period to Alice Craddock, HR Advisor, firstname.lastname@example.org.