Marketing Creative Lead
We are looking for a hands-on Marketing Creative Lead skilled in both photography and communication/graphic design.
This is an exciting new position created to ensure our publications are presented with high visual appeal to both the book trade and consumers, reflecting the exacting design and production standards that go into making every one of our titles.
Reporting to the Marketing Director and working closely with the marketing, book design and editorial teams, the Marketing Visual Lead will take responsibility for the visual conception, art direction and delivery of marketing assets in digital and print for B2B and B2C channels. The successful applicant will have a proven track record in photographic art direction, graphic design and managing others.
Key responsibilities include:
- Managing a marketing designer, leading and taking accountability for their output in producing our seasonal catalogue and other sales and marketing assets. Your own design skills are outstanding, and you will have the ability to guide and evaluate creative development.
- Conceiving and producing sales/marketing/e-commerce product photography as well as video and graphic imagery which effectively and creatively promotes Thames & Hudson’s books. Researching current styles and trends within e-commerce and social product photography and implementing new ideas to continue to grow online sales and stay ahead of our competitors. Delivering 3D presentations of yet-to-be-printed books to utilise in the sale of these titles to trade booksellers and other institutions/organisations.
- Art directing and implementing still life shoots to produce visuals that are diverse and audience appropriate. This includes selecting props, scouting locations, identifying freelance support where needed, selecting final images and digital retouching to provide desirable imagery for all marketing campaigns ranging from title-specific activities to key calendar dates.
- Project managing and art directing animations and videography for pop-up books and other more intricate products.
- Supporting the marketing team on the visual direction of author films, and taking author portraits as required.
- Maintaining the new in-house photography studio in our Central London office.
- Managing image selection, naming, cropping and processing of all images shot, maintaining file size and any relevant specifications for all manners of imagery output; taking ownership of the distribution of those visual assets across the business, ensuring that the approved images are used consistently across marketing channels in the UK and throughout the Thames & Hudson group.
We are currently working remotely, but this role will transition into our Central London office when we reopen.
To apply please send your CV, cover letter and portfolio including samples of your product photography, to Amy Carsen: email@example.com by 9am on Monday 8 March. Your cover letter should include your notice period and current salary.
Please note that only applications with a cover letter and a portfolio will be considered.