HR Advisor (maternity cover; 12 months contract)
Thames & Hudson is the leading global publisher of beautiful books on art, photography, design, fashion and more. Our founding mission is to create a ‘museum without walls’ and to make a world of art accessible to a large reading public.
We are looking for a self-motivated and competent HR Advisor with solid payroll experience to join us for 12 months on a maternity cover contract.
The HR Advisor, who will report directory into the Head of HR will be responsible for all HR administration, specifically:
- Manage the administration of the payroll for c.160 staff
- Maintain HR database: input new starter details, absence records, update employee
- Recruitment of internal vacancies, and to provide support to the Heads of Department
- Prepare offer letters, contracts, starter packs and process reference requests
- Responsible for inducting new starters into the business
- Assist with any employee relations issues, attend grievance and disciplinary meetings as needed and take notes
- Organise staff training as required
- Monitor probation periods
- Administer the holiday booking process
- Assist with the administration of the Appraisal process
- Administer the pension scheme
Desired skills & experience:
The successful candidate will have relevant experience at a similar level and will ideally have worked within a media environment. Confident with excellent verbal and written communication skills. You will have a full understanding of the Payroll process. Familiarity with Trace payroll system is desirable.
Please send your application to: Amy Carsen, Head of HR, email@example.com.