Full-time Book & Cover Designer
Thames & Hudson seeks a talented graphic designer and creative visual communicator with at least 3 years proven experience in illustrated book design to join their busy design team. The successful candidate will be working on the interior layouts and covers and jackets of complex books generating initial ideas and design concepts right through to finished artwork ready for production.
We’re looking for:
- A culturally and market aware individual brimming with intelligent, fresh ideas.
- Someone who has a passion for art and design (both high and low), enjoys reading, enjoys looking, and is curious about the world, ideas and people, present, past and future.
- An awesome portfolio of inspired designs that draw on a rich and varied visual vocabulary.
- Expert typographic skills, an ace picture editor’s eye and strong editorial thinking.
- Sensitivity to materials and the physical book object.
- A sound knowledge of production and print processes.
- A whizz in Adobe inDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat – but at home with pencil and paper, too, for sketching & doodling ideas!
- A collaborative spirit but able to run with a project and take responsibility for finding and executing winning designs.
To apply, please send a covering letter, CV, details of your salary expectations and recent examples of your published work and any unpublished or personal work that you are especially proud of to: email@example.com
Please note our email system cannot accept large attachments. If you wish to send a digital portfolio as PDFs, please email beforehand to make arrangements.