Fulfilment and Shipping Controller
We are looking to recruit a highly meticulous and detail-orientated Fulfilment and Shipping Controller to be entirely responsible for the smooth day-to-day running of Thames & Hudson’s global shipping activities. This role, which reports to the Head of Production, will involve communicating with colleagues from every department in the organisation, primarily Production, Co-edition Acquisitions, Foreign Rights and Finance, as well as being the primary liaison with our freight suppliers and logistics partners.
Supply chain experience, and familiarity with Incoterms and shipping practices is essential for this role, as is a track record in problem-solving and negotiating for services. You will need to be organised, with a high proficiency in Excel and have strong verbal and written communication skills. You will be friendly, helpful and open-minded, with a calm and flexible approach, particularly under pressure. This position offers an opening for a competent individual with ambition to become the in-house shipping expert at one of the world’s foremost illustrated book publishers.
Key skills and responsibilities include:
- Fielding, assessing, advising on and responding to general shipping enquiries
- Managing the sea freight booking-in sheet and coordinating the safe and timely delivery of several hundred new titles and reprints each year
- Acting as the consignee notify party of inbound shipments of clients publishers’ stock
- Troubleshooting and answering ad-hoc and often urgent queries
- Administering seasonal stock transfer deliveries to and from our sister company in the US
- Overseeing fulfilment of drop shipments to our subsidiaries in Asia and Australia
- Checking numerous shipping invoices for authorisation and payment, helping to resolve any discrepancies
We are currently working remotely, but this role will transition into our Central London office when we reopen.
To apply please send a CV and cover letter to Alice Craddock: firstname.lastname@example.org