Executive Assistant to CEO and Publisher
We are looking for an enthusiastic, agile, diligent and highly organised Executive Assistant to CEO and Publisher.
This is an exciting time for the right professional with a strong commitment to providing excellent personal administrative support and assisting in the smooth running and function of the executive teams. You will be the primary point of contact for the CEO and Publisher, working across the business, ‘gatekeeping’, attending meetings, and strategizing on how to utilise the CEO and Publisher’s time effectively.
We are looking for someone who is pro-active, has excellent business acumen, a diplomatic and can-do attitude, and will enjoy working in a creative and vibrant environment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide a reliable, responsive and accessible point of liaison and communication on behalf of the CEO and Publisher, fielding requests and queries from external contacts and from T&H staff across the business;
- Provide proactive and extensive diary management for the CEO and Publisher, making all necessary arrangements for all internal and external meetings, whether in person or online, ensuring maximum productivity and efficient use of time;
- Provide proactive management of all correspondence on behalf of the CEO and Publisher including Inbox management and electronic filing, drafting and proof-reading correspondence, and maintaining contact lists;
- Prepare and co-ordinate internal meetings, taking and distributing minutes and ensuring all actions and correspondence are implemented;
- Coordinate a variety of external business meetings and commitments, making sure the CEO and Publisher is fully briefed in advance and that all appropriate material is collated afterwards;
- Draft, develop, compile and format complex documents, reports and presentations including Company communications, Board reports and PowerPoint presentations;
- Review and summarise business reports and documents;
- Undertake research on new projects;
- Provide editorial assistance on commissioned projects by liaising with authors and external contributors and with internal publishing teams;
- Track schedules, workflow input, author payments, cheque requisitions and author copies on commissioned projects;
- Organise and book travel arrangements; provide detailed travel itineraries;
- Manage travel and general expenses;
- Plan and organise Executive Team events and seminars and provide all-staff event management support as necessary;
- Understand the CEO and Publisher’s priorities and provide efficient management of all scenarios and situations, troubleshooting and prioritising where necessary;
- Handle sensitive and confidential information with utmost discretion at all times;
- Maintain strong working relationships across the company, communicating instructions to colleagues and providing any feedback;
- Prioritise and manage multiple projects simultaneously whilst supporting CEO and Publisher on a day-to-day basis.
We are currently working remotely, but this role will transition into our Central London office when we reopen.
To apply please send a cover letter to Amy Carsen firstname.lastname@example.org