Book Designer/Layout Artist
We are seeking a talented designer and visual communicator with proven experience of design for print, to join it’s busy design team working on the interior page layouts and covers from initial design concepts, right through to pristine finished files ready for production.
We are looking for:
• A culturally aware individual brimming with intelligent, fresh ideas.
• Portfolios that demonstrate strong typography, great picture editing skills and solid editorial thinking.
• Someone who has a passion for art and design (both high and low), enjoys reading, enjoys looking, and is visually and otherwise curious about the world: present, past and future (all the subject areas in which we publish).
• An eagle eye for detail as well as being able to see the bigger picture
• Precision, and accuracy using Adobe InDesign and Acrobat are essential. Familiarity with Photoshop and Illustrator and with Microsoft packages (Word, Excel, Outlook and Teams) are also desirable.
Previous experience in co-edition illustrated publishing are a plus but not essential if your portfolio blows us away! Fluent English both written and verbal; good organisational and communication skills, flexibility, speed and a firm grasp of printing and production processes are necessary.
To apply, please send a covering letter, CV, details of your current salary and recent examples of your work to Alice Craddock, HR: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note our email system cannot accept large attachments, so if you wish to send a digital portfolio as PDFs, please email beforehand to make arrangements.