Unfortunately we’re unable to ship to the EU at this time.
Dictionary of Hindu Lore and Legend
Over 1,000 accessible, informative and authoritative entries answer any major question about Hinduism, its mythology, practices, customs and laws
• Wide-ranging topics include Hindu myths and legends, temple architecture, festivals, astrology, Ayurvedic medicine and contemporary Hinduism
• Maps provide easy reference to major cities, regions, rivers, mountains and pilgrimage sites
• List of principal dynasties and empires gives cultural, religious and historical background
• Reference material includes Sanskrit equivalents of English-language subjects
• Chronology places the main historical events and literary works
• Specially researched illustrations, including works of art reproduced here for the first time, reveal the rich imagery of sculpture, architecture, painting, dance and theatre
'Compact, well-edited and well-illustrated'
24.1 x 15.9 cm
22 November 2004
About the Author
Anna L.Dallapiccola is Honorary Professor at Edinburgh University and Visiting Professor at De Montford University, Leicester. She is Fellow both of the Royal Asiatic Society, London, and of the American Oriental Society in New Haven, Connecticut.