– Full time, permanent
– Salary: £28,000+, depending on experience
– Hybrid working potential, based in Central London (Holborn)
– Closing date: 31 March 2023
Thames & Hudson is the leading publisher of illustrated books on visual arts, history, fashion and popular culture, and includes titles published in association with brands, institutions and museums worldwide. In addition our children’s books list is also expanding and in April 2022 we launched a new imprint called Skittledog which is focused on creativity and lifestyle books and gifts.
We are seeking an experienced and commercially minded Contracts Executive to work on a wide range of contractual and rights issues across the international T&H group.
Principal responsibilities will include:
Reviewing, drafting and where appropriate, negotiating:
– for the Commissioning Editors: author and contributor contracts and addenda; reversion letters; and termination letters;
– for the International Rights and Acquisitions Department: licences, bulk-sale agreements and addenda for translated editions; plus bought-in agreements with established co-publishers; and
– for the Sales Department: sales and distribution agreements with third parties.
Other responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
– Assisting the Contracts Manager;
– Drafting terms and conditions for competitions and social media giveaways;
– Assisting with online piracy and copyright infringements;
– Supporting the Permissions Department and providing advice when required;
– Advising and answering queries from the Contracts Assistant.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
– Extensive experience in the Legal, Contracts or Rights Department within an illustrated publishing house
– Solid knowledge of contracts, copyright and royalty structures
– Detailed understanding of co-edition publishing
– Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel, and database systems
– Self-motivated and organised with the ability to prioritise workload effectively and multitask under pressure
– Excellent command of English spelling and grammar, and a meticulous eye for detail
– Confidence and professionalism when communicating with colleagues and external third-parties both verbally and in writing
– Reliable, trustworthy and discreet
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a creative, friendly and collaborative team.
At Thames & Hudson, we believe that employing a diverse workforce is essential to succeed and selection decisions are based on applicants’ experience and skills. We welcome applications from everyone, irrespective of age, sex, sexual orientation, disability, race, religion or belief.
Some of the benefits of working with us:
Apart from working with a highly talented and creative group of people, we offer:
· 28 days holiday plus bank holidays
· Profit share scheme
· Interest-free loan for rent deposit or season travel ticket
· Discounts off our lovely T&H books and co-editions
· Generous pension contributions
· Employee Assistance Program
· Cycle to Work Scheme
· Free entry in 900+ museums
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
To apply, please send your CV with a cover letter outlining how you meet our requirements above to Elysia Stockman, firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for applications is 31 March 2023.