- Full time, permanent
- Salary: £26,000-27,000 p.a.
- Hybrid working potential, based in Central London
- Closing date: 26 March 2023
If you love a varied role and have incredible attention to detail, this may be the perfect opportunity for you to show off your organisation and communication skills gained in a busy administrative role. You’ll work across the HR and the Contracts Departments for the world’s leading publisher of illustrated books, Thames & Hudson.
We’re looking for someone with amazing administrative abilities and a penchant for accuracy. You will be liaising with our HR Advisors and external providers to coordinate interviews, induction and training, and you’ll be assisting our Contracts Manager by scanning and indexing contracts and maintaining the accuracy of the information in the Digital Contracts Database. You’ll be notifying line managers about forthcoming routine HR tasks, like appraisals and you may be occasionally providing cover on Reception. You’ll be providing general administrative support for the Contracts Department which may include drafting letters, issuing invoice requests and arranging meetings.
You’ll already have proven administrative experience gained in a busy office environment, and be keen to apply your database wrangling skills and impeccable talent for organising to a creative publishing context. Please note, this is not intended as a route to an Editorial role, rather we are looking for someone who is interested in HR and/or Contracts and is committed to providing a high level of administrative support to these departments.
Skills, Experience and attributes required:
- Previous experience of working in a busy Administrative role, with multiple incoming directives
- Intermediate working knowledge of MS Office, particularly Excel and Outlook
- Familiar with operating different database systems
- Experience of using technology to improve existing processes
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Responsive, adaptable and proven ability to multi-task
- Organised and self-motivated
- Trustworthy and discreet
- Ability to work well as a positive contributor to different teams
- Confidence and professionalism in communicating effectively with colleagues and external third parties
- Ability to identify different types of contractual documentation is a bonus, as is previous experience working within a book publisher
Applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK.
Please see full job description linked here.
At Thames & Hudson, we believe that employing a diverse workforce is essential to continuing success and selection decisions are based on applicants’ experience and skills. We welcome applications from everyone, irrespective of age, sex, sexual orientation, disability, race, religion or belief.
To apply, please send your CV with a cover letter to Elysia Stockman, firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, please illustrate how you meet each of the requirements above for this role, detailing your interest in HR and/or publishing contracts. The deadline for applications is 26 March 2023.
Apart from working with a highly talented and creative group of people, we offer:
- 28 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Profit share scheme
- Interest-free loan for a rent deposit or season travel ticket
- Discounts off our lovely T&H books and co-editions
- Generous pension contributions
- Employee Assistance Program
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free entry into hundreds of museums and galleries, nationwide